EngineThemes would like to introduce to you the latest version of DirectoryEngine – DirectoryEngine version 1.9.3 Demo.This update focuses on the compatibility of DirectoryEngine version 1.9.3 and WordPress 4.3. Also, we executed some new features in the hope of providing more useful information for onsite users.
Compatible with WordPress 4.3
The version 4.3 of WordPress, named “Billie”, is available in August 2015. This WordPress’s version helps you to format and customize your website easier.
- Your writing flow is faster with new formatting shortcuts.
- Keep website be more secure with better passwords.
- Site icons represent your site in your whole website.
- Menus in the Customizer
- Customize your site quickly by clicking the customize link in the toolbar on front-end.
And now, DirectoryEngine version 1.9.3 – Listing and Directory WordPress Theme is compatible with WordPress 4.3. We guarantee that the performance of your website will be better with this improvement.
Showing Place’s rating on Map
In the latest version of DirectoryEngine, when users click at a Place in Map, it shows not only the name and address of that Place but also the Rating. With this improvement, users can easily find the most favorite places to come and enjoy.
Automatically showing Map on Place’s page
As you can see in the picture below, when users go to the page of Bertrand at Mister A’s restaurant, the system will automatically show the map on the right-hand side of the screen.
In DirectoryEngine now – Listing and Directory WordPress Theme, all the Place’s pages have this improvement.
In the latest version of DirectoryEngine 1.9.3, we add Google schema for Place Breadcrumb. It will help authors improve the SEO of their Places.
- In the last version of DirectoryEngine, if the address and link of Place are too long, they would be shown incorrectly. This bug is now solved
- In DirectoryEngine 1.9.3, if user’s location near a Place, the distance will be showed as meter instead of kilometer like before.
- If you have already used DirectoryEngine, you will know that we offer you a function to change the color of Place category in Dashboard/Settings/Content.
However, if you use Chinese, Japanese…or other non-Latin languages , the color you choose would not appear in the frontend. This bug no longer exists in DirectoryEngine version 1.9.3 – Our best Listing and Directory WordPress Theme.
- The bug in Map Marker of Place is fixed. Now if you go to Dashboard/Settings/Map:
And you choose Disable in “Display map marker in single place page”
Then the Map in Place’s page will show not only the marker of that place but also another place near there like the picture below.
If you have any problem while updating DirectoryEngine ver 1.9.3, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our technical support staff will solve your problem as soon as possible.