This Support Policy describes how we provide our support service to you after your purchase. If you have any questions or do not agree with any points, please contact us here.
This Support Policy can be changed through time, so you should check this page from time to time for any possible changes that have been made. Any major changes will be covered in our blog.
This Support Policy is effective from October 12th, 2015.
1. Support time
We have diversified customers coming from different areas: Europe, America, Asia, Africa and Australia. Though it’s hard to satisfy all of the customers in different time zones, we’re trying our best to offer the most convenient time that works for the majority.
Working days are generally Monday – Friday (excluding holidays). Also, we are located in Vietnam (GMT+7) so please be aware of any time difference.
Of course, we always want to provide our support to you as quickly as possible. However, we understand that, to achieve that goal, we also need to balance our work and life. Usually, your case should be answered within 48 hours, but it may take more time in weekends.
Hope that you can understand our situation and please be patient during busy periods.
2. Support Definition
Our support service covers three main items: pre-sale questions, themes/extensions bugs and refund requirements. Below is the definition for each one:
2.1. Pre-sale questions
Can be considered as the most commonly questions being asked before purchasing. They are customers’ doubts and queries about their own interested products:
We can divide these question into three groups as below:
- Questions about themes’ features
- Questions about after sale support service
- Questions about relevant issues such as: offered discount, ownership, availability, customizable or not, affiliate program.
2.2. Themes & extensions bugs
Can be considered as problem customers have met while using the products:
- Bugs that have already existed in the products. Customers notice these bugs because the features don’t work.
- Bugs caused by external factors such as conflict with other 3rd party plugins, conflict with WordPress latest version.
- Bugs caused by customers’ customization work.
2.3. Refund requirements
We consider a refund within 14 days of purchase on a case-by-case basis and don’t offer unconditional refunds. Due to the increases of frauds in the industry (purchase a product and then request a refund to get the product for free), we only grant the refunds for some specific cases.
Customers can check out the details in section 12.
3. What is the scope of Support?
Support focus on topics like installation and configuration of the theme, usage of theme features and potential bugs fix. Support will not be provided when you want to modify the theme to suit your specific needs or when you want feature ‘X’ to be integrated with the theme.
We offer support for the following, regarding to the Support Items in section 1:
- Any WordPress compatibility error arising from a fresh product install.
- Help with functionality of our products, which is not specified in our documentation.
- Issues with theme setup.
- Functionality which does not work as advertised into the product’s description.
- Supporting one domain at a time.
4. What is the meaning of “out-of-scope”?
- Customization services or any other custom work beyond 1 – 2 mins.
- Change the default workflow of the themes.
- In-depth theme customization.
- HTML customization/template code changes.
- Adding functionality which was not advertised and is not installed by default with the product(s).
- Any broken styling as a result of theme customization.
- Compatibility with 3rd party plugins.
- The loss of changes due to not backing up your site prior to running a product(s) update.
- HTML, JS, PHP, CSS basics.
- WordPress installation and / or administration.
- Server diagnostics, maintenance or any other server related service. The Customers need to solve this problem first with their hosting provider before requesting a support case.
- Third party plugins, extensions or any other third party software.
- Themes are tested with G.Chrome, Firefox, IE9+. We do not guarantee the compatibility with other browsers.
5. What is modification support?
- If you are requesting modification help, which only requires us to publish 2 / 3 lines of code, we will be glad to assist you. However, if your request requires custom queries, testing, or several lines of code to be published, we can only provide very basic guidance and you would then need to hire an external developer of your choice if you don’t have the skills to implement it yourself. You also can find our Premium Support regarding to your urgent situation if needed.
- One more option is that you can contact http://www.enginethemes.com/customization for a reliable estimate. We are happy to help and work with you at this stage.
6. Support Schedule
6.1. When We Are Available
- The Support Channel will be checked continously everyday on weekdays, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9am and 6pm , and will be replied to in the order received. On special occasions or on weekends, support may be provided after hours, but please do not expect a quick response as our employees may not available during those times or days.
6.2. When Support NOT Available
- We may not respond or delay respond to any support questions left in the wrong sections of the Support Channel. Due to the volume of support requests, it is too difficult and inefficient for us to keep up and manage support requests if it sent in the incorrect section. So please choose a correct section in the Support Channel to get a response from our customer service representatives.
- We don’t provide support if we validate that the customer’s email is not for purchasing or the account status is Subscriber, not Customer. Therefore, for those who have purchased our products from ThemeForest, please don’t forget to insert your Purchase Code to update your accounts to ” Customers”.
- We don’t provide support if we validate that the licence key is expired.
- We don’t provide support if your site is under too many code customizations resulting in unexpected errors. Please revert the code changes or you can consult a developer to ask for help.
7. Before Asking Questions
Read the product(s) documentation before asking any question. The documentation covers the most important steps required to install the product as advertised. Most of the questions can be answered by simply re-reading the documentation.
If the documentation do not provide the answer to your question, feel free to send us your question at https://www.enginethemes.com/help/ then choose a specific section (Technical Problems?, Basic Questions, Getting Your Money Back, Expand Your Ideas). Also, please note that by choosing a suitable section for your question will help fasten the support and please be polite and provide as many information as possible in a concise manner.
8. How to Get Support
- Visit https://www.enginethemes.com/help/ to leave us any questions.
- Choose Technical Problems?: If you’re already a customer, the fastest way to get help is through our support ticketing.
- Choose Basic Questions: If you have a pre-sale question or a general question about how our site/service works?
- Choose Getting Your Money Back: If you have any refund request. We consider a refurn within 14 days of purchase on a case by-case basis. Read our Refund Policy.
- Choose Expand Your Ideas: If you have a specific suggestion for our products. We will base on the votes to consider before any future implement.
- We recommend you describe your issues/bugs under structural contents of the Support form. If you put your contents with tons of words under a non-structural way, the team members might take more time to review and give their feedback.
- We recommend you capture some screenshots that describe your issue/bugs.
- We recommend you keep your content short and precise in order to get the feedback quickly.
- Please allow 24-48 hours for a EngineThemes team member to contact you. If you do not receive a response after this time, feel free to send a new request.
9. Definition of DONE
Each request is recommended to contain one or two issues only in order to help both EngineThemes and Customers keep focusing on one topic at a time, and make the conversation consistently during the time.
- When the Customers confirm that the case is ok, our Support team will consider the case as solved.
- Please do not keep raising any newly detected bugs or questions in the resolved ones instead please send us a new ticket/question for receiving support.
10. Bug Fix
- After each bug existing in the current theme version is detected and declared in the forum from 00:01 AM Friday to 24:00 Thursday, it will be tested for our certain confirmation. The discussions over the bug fix possibilities last a couple of days, then our feedback can be delivered after 5 pm Friday ( GMT: + 7:00).
- The bug over a specific site needed an individually technical support will be reached in within 48 hours. The technician will give you a hand for the bug fix right after we get sufficient information (if requested) and explanation of the site issue.
- For any theme improvement suggestions, they are considered over their own popularity of customer demand and compatibilities before any further development and addition into the next version. The update news with the feature recommended will be informed in our Blog at www.enginethemes.com/blog.
11. Premium Support
We do offer Premium Support since many customers make change requests or encounter WordPress-related issues that are beyond their technical capabilities to troubleshoot or implement. We will quote these requests on an individual basis (hourly rates or project fees will apply). The time for modification can be up to 3 days.
12. Refund Policy
Purchases made on EngineThemes.com can be canceled and refunded during the refund period. Within 14 days of any purchase, EngineThemes will refund the full price you paid upon request. Due to the increases of frauds in the industry (purchase a product and then request a refund to get the product for free), we only grant the refunds for some specific cases.
The products we provide are digital downloads and we cannot limit their usage after download. Therefore, a refund will only be considered, within 14 days after the purchase date.
We issue refunds if the following criteria applies:
- Request of the refund is within 14 days of purchase.
- We recommend you ask pre-sale question carefully before buying.
- You have to create a ticket via the Support Forum to describe your problems. The scope of works is based on the Support Policy (information above). All processes must follow the Support Policy in order to get the final confirmation between both sides.
- During the progress of supporting, you have to understand all standards and the Abuse rules (section below).
- If our support team confirms that they are unable to fix problem.
- All bugs need to be considered within the scope of works (please review the Support Policy).
We do not issue refunds if the issues are:
- You send your refund request or supporting request via email instead of ticket.
- If you found your web server doesn’t meet the requirement of WordPress or denied to update the PHP, MySQL version.
- You changed your mind about the purchase. You don’t ask any pre-sale question before deciding to purchase.
- You chose not to use the product anymore.
- You find that our product doesn’t suit your needs (our live demo site are very explanatory of our themes and plugins).
- You existing scripts conflicts with other 3rd party software connected or installed on your WordPress website. Our Support Team will analyze and captures the evidences for you if needed.
- Your existing scripts are already customized by other 3rd parties or the external works of other developers.
- Your descriptions are detected as “out of scope” (please review the Support Policy)
- You do not contact support team for help.
- You are unable to show proof or screenshot of broken part or missing.
- You are unable to show proof or screenshot relating to your bugs.
- You don’t want to share your WordPress admin information and FTP credentials at the first time our Support Team requests.
- You repeatedly purchases a product and asks for a refund to get free updates.
- You repeatedly send the same contents and negotiate for refund (full refund or partial refund).
- You express your behaviors in some ways of showing an intention to cause threat to EngineThemes.
- You express your behaviors in some ways of threatening the Support Team.
- You say that you purchase the wrong product and want to get a refund. You should check out your order carefully before making the payment.
Updates to the refund policy:
- This refund policy can be updated at any time, without prior notice and is applicable immediately for all subscriptions and subscribers. It is considered an integral part of our Terms of Service and its acceptance is mandatory for all users.
- EngineThemes reserves the right to refuse refunds if any efforts of refund policy abuse are detected.
EngineThemes has the right to revoke your access to the support area in the event of abuse towards support staff and/or other users, including, but not limited to:
- Use of profanity of any kind.
- Defamation of character.
- Spamming of any kind.
- Misuse of support tickets or threats for self promotion.
- Constantly re-posting identical messages in multiple tickets or threads or emails.