ClassifiedEngine Marketplace Wordpress Theme version 2.3
Two months ago, we made an notification about updating ClassifiedEngine to the version 2.x. Today, the newest version is officially available, you guys can download it and update your classified ads site right away.
In order to get classified site’s latest version, you have to update your database after upgrading the theme. We also recommend you to back up your database first in case there’s any problem in the upgrade process.
After you update ClassifiedEngine v2.3 in your site, you’ll see a notification reminding you update the database. Click on it and the system will guide you to do the needed work.
You can also manually update the database by visiting Engine settings -> Setup wizard -> Update database. After that, Post_type=ads will also be updated to Post_type=produce
In addition, a small implementation is added. For the products which have been sold, a ribbon ” Sold” will be displayed in the ads to inform other customers. The owners can easily find the ” Mark as Sold” button in “Edit” area.
Moreover, some minor changes have been made in ClassifiedEngine version 2.3:
- In mobile version, the map marker is now displayed right in single ad page. It won’t appear out of the map center anymore
- Fix bug when selecting popular ads. The featured ads won’t appear instead of the popular ads anymore
- Previously, when you couldn’t deselect an option when choosing categories. The bug has been fixed now
- Fix bug when making changes in WooCommerce settings. From now on, when you make change in the back-end, the front-end will be applied.
- The default profile avatar is displayed when users first register at the site
- You can change the display option from “Grid view” to “List view” now
- The mobile menu background appear right correctly now
- The archived ads won’t be linked to a 404 page anymore.
QAEngine Question and Answer WordPress Theme version 1.5.4
Together with ClassifiedEngine, QAEngine is also updated to the latest version. The version 1.5.4 includes some small changes and bug fixes.
Here are new options in QAEngine:
- Change password in mobile version
- Add ALT text and description for uploaded images
- Assign H1, H2 tag for Question title and Blog post title
In the previous versions, you couldn’t change the password using mobiles which was a little bit inconvenient. Therefore, QAEngine is updated so that users can quickly changes their passwords using mobile devices.
Besides, with the uploaded images, users now can add ALT text and description in them. As a result, others can have more details about the questions and give better answers. It’s also a good SEP technique you shouldn’t forget.
- The categories are now similar in different sections in the site such as: select categories, filter by categories…
- To prevent spams from register step, the site will redirect users to login page
- You can upload new avatar using Yandex browser now
- On Internet explorer, the page will refresh after users submit a question successfully
- All the categories applied for the question are now displayed in the front-end
- User roles are now similar no matter if you register via social account or directly
- When a question is marked as “best answer”, the email will be sent to the one who answered only.
Hi Engine Team, when are you gonna improve Classified engine with options that competitors offer like:
1- Sort by price cheaper + MORE EXPENSIVE
2- Search by custom fields
3- Advanced search ?
4- Full widh layout
I follow you since a while and all these features have been requested.
Also by law we all need now to inform visitors about cookies, what are you gonna do for that ?
You are more expensive than most themes + now you sell your themes with only 1 year of update, we were expecting much from you.
Hope you will have answers.
Thanks for your ideas.
However, I’m afraid we can’t implement these features at the moment.
Currently, we still have a lot of projects ahead. Besides, we have to discuss more before making any implementation.
You may subscribe to our blog for further updates and notices.