- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
We regularly review and, where necessary, update our privacy information. If we plan to use personal data for a new purpose, we update our privacy information and communicate the changes to individuals before starting any new processing.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to any company for further processing, marketing, profiling or any other reason.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Any data we hold about you, we do so for necessary and legitimate business reasons.
What Data We Collect
Similar to other commercial Web sites, our Web site utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What Are Cookies?”) and Web server logs to collect information about how our Web site is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Web site, and the Web sites visited just before and just after our Web site, your IP address.
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a Web site, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each Web site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a Web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data known as “traffic data” so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you.
Data we Collect in More Detail
We’ve broken this down into sections to make it easy to understand what data we collect:-
- As a visitor
- Signing up to our newsletter
- Contacting us through our contact form
- Becoming a member of Engine University
- Purchasing a product
- Signing Up as an Affiliate
1. As a Visitor
You’re a “visitor” if you browse the Enginethemes.com website but don’t submit any personal information about yourself.
For example, if you visit this website and take a look through our blog content, our sales pages and knowledge base without signing up for anything, then you’re a visitor.
2. Signing Up to Our Newsletter
On this site, we display various forms that allow you to sign up to our newsletter. When you sign up through one of our forms, we’ll commonly ask you for the following data:-
- Email address
We’ll also collect the following:-
- Which form you filled out
- Referrer URL (the URL that you led you to the page that you signed up through)
- Your IP address
We store this data on our site for the following reasons:-
- Compliance – to keep a record of where our leads came from
- Testing – to optimize and improve the newsletter sign up forms that we display
- Relevance – we try not to show a form that you’ve already signed up for
The data that you submit is also added to a third party service called Mailchimp. This is a tool that we use to send email communications to you.
3. Contacting us through our Contact Form
If you want to contact us, you can use our contact form here.
When you send us a message through our contact form, a user account will be automatically created on our site.
When you submit a message to us, we keep the following data:-
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- Content of any messages that you send to us
This allows our team to reply to the message that you’ve sent us through our support system.
You will never received marketing related messages by contacting us through our contact form unless it specifically relates to the message that you’ve sent us.
Please note that the message you send is private and only available to team members at EngineThemes.
4. Purchasing a Product from Us
When purchasing a product from us, we collect the following data:
- First name
- Last name
- IP address
- Email address
- Billing address
- Country of residence
- Post code
- Affiliate ID (of the affiliate that referred you)
Please note that this data is captured when you submit an order on our checkout page regardless of whether you complete the purchase of the product.
We also send your name, email address and product tag to our email service provider called Mailchimp.
This allows us to send you emails about product updates (such as new features that have been released), policy updates and any other information related to the product that you’ve purchased.
These emails are designed to improve your product experience but you can opt out at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email you receive.
6. Signing Up as an Affiliate
EngineThemes operate an affiliate program. Registered affiliates can refer customers and receive a commission. This affiliate system operates independently of the processes described above.
To clarify: you won’t be signed up for our affiliate program unless you submit a request to do so. Each application is review manually. If your application is reviewed, we’ll add the data that you’ve provided to our system. The signup page for our affiliates is here.
We hold the following data about our affiliates:-
- First name
- Email address
- Company name
- Family name
- Date of signup
- Company tax ID
- Full Billing address
- Website URL
- Paypal email address
- Description of how you promote EngineThemes
- Yes/No as to whether you accept our terms and conditions
We hold this data for the following reasons:
- Payouts – the PayPal email address, company details and personal details are needed to pay our affiliates and produce invoices
- Compliance – We need your web site details and method of promotion so that we verify that the quality of referrals meet our criteria for eligibility.
We also manually add your name and email address to Mailchimp. This is an online tool that allows us to let you know about any updates to the program. For example, if we make a change to the commission levels, we’ll let you know about it through email.
As with all emails from us, you can opt out at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email.
We also store data about the referrals that you make as an affiliate. We’ll keep a traffic log of all the visitors that arrive through your affiliate link, all sales that you generate, and internal order numbers associated with those sales. This data is necessary to keep in order to track commissions and ensure that you’re rewarded for sales that you make.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
1. Your Right to View Your Data
You have the right to see the data that we store about you. To request a file containing all your data, let our support team know.
We will reply to your request within 48 hours and will provide you with a file to your email address as soon as we’ve gathered the data.
The data will be provided to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format for portability.
2. Your Right to Modify Your Data
You have the right to modify personal data that we hold about you. You can modify your data by logging into the enginethemes.com site and navigating to the “Account” page.
If you’re having difficulties updating your data, let our support team know and we’ll make the change for you.
3. Your Right to Have your Data Deleted
You have the right to request that we delete data that we store about you.
- If you would like to stop receiving our email newsletter then you can click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of our emails. This will unsubscribe you from any future communications. If, for some reason, this doesn’t work then let us know and we’ll remove you manually.
- If you would like your data to be removed from our affiliate program then you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will action that request for you.
- If you would like to have your support forum posts deleted, you can log into your account and delete those manually by clicking on the “Edit” button underneath each thread. Alternatively, let us know and we’ll handle that for you.
We can also delete all of your data from all systems that we own and operate. This includes all of the above.
4. Your Right to Express Any Concern About Our Use of Your Data.
If you have any concerns or questions about our use of your data in this policy, then let us know and we’ll get back to you shortly.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.