This week’s updates of ClassifiedEngine are focused on free and package plans. Earlier this week, we released a couple of similar feature updates for JobEngine v2.5. If you were able to read that post, you already have ideas on some of these changes especially when posting ads.
– Usage limit for free plans. You don’t want sellers to post free ads for a lifetime, do you? Except for those who really intend their site’s service to be a free one, the “limit free plan use” feature is great to give your clients some treats before they finally purchase plans for their ads.
– Skip “select a payment plan” step if seller has a paid package plan. When posting an ad and the seller has an existing paid plan, the Post-an-Ad page should redirect him immediately to Step 2.
– Skip “select a payment plan” step if the only plan on the list is a Free Plan. Sellers shouldn’t be asked to select a payment plan anymore but should be redirected automatically to the step where he can enter his ad’s details.
– Mobile menus. This update got a menu display for categories in mobile version and more settings in the menu section of WordPress.
– Ads sorter. On the homepage below the Search box, a drop down button was added that will allow users to sort ads in four options: Latest, Featured, Popular, or by Price.
– Fixed email bug. Admin has disabled sending confirmation emails but users were still able to receive them. The Enable / Disable functions should be working correctly with this update.
CE Custom Fields
You might have been in need of other information from your sellers or their ads but don’t have other choice than to settle with the ones required in “Post an Ad” page. This shouldn’t be a frustration anymore. The second of ClassifiedEngine extensions, CE Custom Fields enables you to create new fields and taxonomies and insert them in “Post an Ad” form.