MicrojobEngine 1.2 has been out with its first extension – MjE Stripe as well as Invoice feature. In this tutorial, we will show you a quick guide to set up payment via Stripe and update your site database.
Set up the payment via Stripe
There is nothing easier to set up the payment than Stripe! With Stripe, everything is done just a few minutes.
Go to Engine settings →Stripe → General Settings to set up.
In this section, you must enable Stripe payment gateway and enter Stripe API including live secret key & live publishable into API Config field.
Get Stripe API Live secret key & Live publishable key
Unlike other payment gateways, you don’t need to waste a lot of time and effort to get Stripe API Keys. Within two simple steps below, you can get both test and live version of them:
- Create your Stripe account at https://dashboard.stripe.com/register?redirect=%2Faccount%2Fapikeys
- Once you successfully sign up, a pop-up containing API Keys with secret key and publishable keys of both test and live version is shown up.
Then, copy the live secret key & published key and paste them into API Config field from your admin dashboard (Engine Settings → Stripe → General Settings → API Config).
*Note: In case you already have a Stripe account, just click on “Account settings” sub-tab under “Your account” section located in the top right corner. Then, select API Keys to get Live secret key & Live publishable key.
Click on “Account settings” under “Your account” section
Select “API Key” section to get live secret key and publishable key
Update the database
After upgrading your site to the latest version of MicrojobEngine 1.2, you must update your site database to run Invoices features on your site. Below are some steps to update the database:
- Back up database: It’s totally simple, you just access your server and export your site database.
- Create a new page and choose “Update Data” as your page template.
- Click on “Preview” button at the top corner right to visit the page that you have just created, then wait until the data update process is finished as the image below:
If you have any questions, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured image designed by Vecteezy